Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One week to go!

Have I ever mentioned that I totally love it up here?  Yeah it gets cold, yeah the days can be long, some times there isnt a lot to do, but wow is it ever beautiful.  The sky here is so clean looking at night when its clear, its almost like you can reach up and touch the stars.  The day light is short with sunrise at about 930 and sun set at 330, but during that short time it is so totally amazing that its worth it.

I just wish that my someone special was here to enjoy it with me.

Well today is what is known as ``Fly Day`` instead of friday, as today is when we start shifting people in and out on rotations.  Mine is coming up next week and i cant wait to get home to see family and my new girl Sarah.

Today is also the day that I take on the role of head chef for a week while Rob is out for his week off.  Not only do I get his job, but I also get his room, a nice change to have a suite with its own bathroom and no roommate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment