Friday, January 7, 2011

A little frosty out

2:43 PM 07/01/2011
Yesterday was a good day all in all.  The weather was nice out so I went for a walk and took some really good pics, including one of my goatee with it all iced up!  |What they say about the difference between the damp cold on the island and the dry cold here is so totally true.  The only parts of me that were cold were tose exposed to the air/wind.  At home i would have been shivering my nuts off  due to the damp.

At one point i was walking towards the camp sign to get a pic in front of it when all of a sudden I was nuts deep in snow.  I hadnt realized that i was walking on the top of about 2-3 feet of snow!  got the pic tho!

My goatee is a little frozen, but it doesnt feel all that cold out.
 Camp welocome sign
The view from my room.  Thats about as high as the sun will get all day.  we are only getting about 5 hours of daylight from 1030am till just after 3.

Because we had another person join the staff as part of the janitorial crew i have had to move into the dishwashers room and share it. that sucks but its not too bad so far.  the only reason I had to move is that the new person is a woman.  Oh well.

Today has been a good one sofar.  Ran the breakfast line with out any problems, and Rob didnt come in until about 8am today.  he was up sick again all lastnight,.  i have got to say thaty I am getting really worried about him and his health.

So I added a few things to my breakfast menu.  I am slowly building it up as i get more organized with it everyday.  I made a few new deserts today, lemon merangine tarts and a peanutbutter/creamcheese cake on top of an angle food cake base and topped with melted choclate and whip cream, yummy!  Im going to call it the LHL bar, or Lockheart lake bar.

Ive still got 2 hours off till i have to go back and do the diner shift, I might take a nap or go for another walk.

Well its 830pm and ive just finished another 14 hour day in the kitchen, man am i ever enjoying this so far.  I wonder if i will still feel the same way once the truckers start rolling thru about the 26th?  But so far I am really likeing this and could see myself doing this long term.

Well as i thought Rob asked me today if i would like to take over his position while he is out for his rotation because he wants someone in charge who knows how he wants things done.  I told him that i was comfortable doing what ever he wanted or needed me tgo do.  So now its up to him to decide what he wants.

Anyway I am going to go and continue watching The X-files "fight the future" and roll some smokes for tomorrw.  G'night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment