Sunday, October 10, 2010

Learning

I've spent the last 5 nights living in the Van and I have to say that I am really enjoying it a lot!

If I didn't have to drive to work EVERY day it would be so much cheaper.  I can honestly estimate that my expense including the van insurance will only be about $500 a month.  That includes food, fuel, insurance, and cell.  Not too bad if you ask me.

The only problems that I have had to face so far are cooling temps at night and rain.  It has rained every day and night so far with the exception of today.  Sleeping hasn't been an issue as I am nice and warm in the van under a quilt and blanket.  Staying dry any time I am outside is another matter altogether!

I have been asked to join the family for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night at home and we will see how things go then.  I have a lot of hope that my wife and I will be able to work things out and I should be back at home sometime soon,  If not I know that I am totally capable to live this way for a VERY long time as I am as comfortable as I can possibly imagine being.

Be safe everyone and have a happy Thanksgiving to all in Canada!

Darryl

2 comments:

  1. Darryl, I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!

    You've got a great budget! My van-dwelling budget will be around $800 per month while I still have car payments.

    For warmth and insulation ideas, refer to any of Laren Corie's "insulation" posts on the Vandwellers Yahoo Group. He's a master of insulation. Follow his advice and you'll be toasty in the winter (and cool during the summer!).

    ReplyDelete