Saturday, October 9, 2010

First Post

This is my first post to my first time with a Blog. 

This is going to chronicle my life as it goes along, come what may.

A few days ago my wife of almost 4 years told me that she wasn't sure if she still loved me or not.  She wanted time to figure things out about us.  She was bored with me and our life.  I cant blame her I am really bored with our life and with her as well at this point.

The next day she tells me to forget all about it and that she doesn't want or need the time alone.  I decided that I wanted the time and I felt that she was only saying that in order to NOT hurt me.  So I decided to "go camping" in the van for an undetermined amount of time.  Im not going to lie and say that I am HAPPY about the way things are going, I dont enjoy being apart from my wife and our girls (my step kids), but this is just the way things are right now.

I may end up living in my van on a permanent basis.  I am OK with that because I have learned so much from the Yahoo Group Vandwellers (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/VanDwellers/) and from a fellow (Two Dogs) that has been doing this for 25 years (http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=291549)

I have spent the last two nights at a local campground that I can be at for two weeks for no cost due to my being disabled and having the requisite form all ready in hand.  I have figured out the hows and wheres once that has been exhausted.  I just have to get some small amount of power for charging my cell phone.

Things I will need if I am going to do this permanently:

Deepcycle Battery
Battery Charger
Inverter
1000W Generator
Lap Top
Heat source

Changes that will need to be made to the van for permanently living in it:

Remove the middle two captains chairs
Install shelves

Anyway thats about it for now

Good day to you



5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Not sure what to call you as you didn't leave a moniker but I'm looking forward to how this works out for you. I curious from the vandwelling angle as well as the fact I feel for you regarding the marriage and kids etc.
    I wish you best of luck my friend and I'll checking back.
    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! good start. i'm trying to join as a follower, but it won't let me......i'll keep trying!

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Darryl, Glad to see you got a blog going! Very sorry to read about the issues with the wife :( I wish the very best solution for you both. I think the way you are handling it is wise. Taking time to figure things out can't be a bad move. If you ever need to yak with someone or have a question about anything you think I can help with, you know how to get a hold of me.

    -Mike
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone, I find it very encouraging to say the least! I'll try to update this as often as I can get to a computer since I cant seem to even load it from my cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to you . be glad to help with any advice I can give.

    ReplyDelete